Thursday, January 26, 2006

Does GOD EXIST

Well, this is a billion dollar question. Before anybody gets the idea that i am atheist ,let me make it clear tht i m not.
Its just that when i was going through all the recent events in my life, this question popped up in my mind and was trying hard to answer this question. My arguments are as below:

If i go by the saying"seeing is believing" then sure i havent seen God. so God doesnt exist. Am i right... does the debate end here itself?

I guess NO!! Because if i imagine God to be in the human form ,someone with 7-8 arms,each holding a peculiar weapon or in the form of a devi, so beautiful and fiery at the same time, then definitely i m yet to come across someone like this. But then, why i assume God to have a human form- jus because right from the beginning, i have seen people doing that . The moment i question this logic of depicting God as a human being, i get to see an entirely different concept.


Lets for argument sake- consider God to be a variable ( the way programmers think). Variable is something that can take on any value as per the way u want them to.
So if God is a variable- then it can take any values or forms ( here to be precise). That means his way of making his presence felt can be through some words, actions, some strange events and turns.., something totally unexpectable. By variable i also mean that he can take a human form as well...
When i consider this part of the argument- i very well know that the above thing also supplements the common saying of "God's presence is felt in each and every moment".
But my inquisitive mind, never the one to be satisfied, agains refuses to accept defeat so easily.I had to deal with my mind in the following way.


Mind: "I agree strange events happen in life, but y attribute it to something related to God , of all things- a variable...!!!

Myself : The way i look at this is , some strange events happens with me, and before i can react , the repercusions of the events follow. The thing tht i thought till now to be impossible, seems perfectly easy and a child's play and that too with a very little effort from my end. so, i obviously think that there is god's hand in that... what do you say in this ??

Mind: nooooo why should u allow the credits to go to someone else. Dont you realise after reading the so called inspirational and motivational books, tht the mind ( thts me) is the so called super entity , it me that guides u.. So if something happens as per your wish or as per the way you wanted, its basically me ( mind) who should be appreciated.I had the power to think, to think positive and it happened. And of all things you are giving credits to God !!

Myself : But then again, who tell you to think??

Mind: Your brain tells me to think

Myself : If thts it, then who controlls my brain??

Mind: All I can say is that we are interdependent.

Myself : But what is the common thing tht guides both of you, obviously since each system, whether its a machine or anything else has something that drives them.In your case, since there is nothing visible, then there has to be someone invisible, someone so powerful and i guess thats GOD.

Mind: No answer/no comments..



The conversation ended here.

Is this how God's existence came into being. I dont know ??

The other thing that favours God's existence i believe is that it is so easy to blame a third person when something goes wrong with our life.
How often we have heard of such common lines,

" Its God's wish,he wanted to happen it this way"
"If only God had supported me, i could have passed thrugh this event" and so on....


We need somone to put a blame on, so that our conscious ,feel that we have done everything that we could have done, the fault happenned because of God, so we are in no way to be blamed. So all we can do is to forget the past, and look into the future... Its so easy to move ahead and think positive by handing over the bag of failures to God.. Else, it would have been too difficult to live..

All said this and done, , i also do the same thing. I blame HIM for everything that goes wrong in my life, maybe the one who has blamed him many more times.
But at the same time, i guess i remember him everytime something strange happens, At times when i find no pausible explanation ,its HIM i look upto
And needless to say , i m being lucky enough to get an answer everytime (maybe sometimes its very very late,) but the thing is that, i get an answer and the answer is always the one that i want to listen.
Right from the time i remember, till this very moment, for each and every thing that happenned with me, i had asked him reasons, and he has being kind enough to answer me.
I dont care, what the world says about his existence, for me, it jus a special relation thts unique.Its a special strenght that helps me face the world, its so easy to live your life by believing that there is someone who will take care of you...
I believe u God, thanks for everything..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy, has this to say on the subject of God :
Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindboggingly useful as the Babel fish could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this:
- I refuse to prove that I exist, - says God, - for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.
- But, - says Man, - The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore,by your own arguments, you don't. QED.
- Oh dear, - says God, - I hadn't thought of that, - and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home