Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Its christmas holidays going on, with schools closed and no homeworks to do, the children are doing what they like doing it- watching television!!! I found it strange, because for me no schools meant playing hide and seek, carroms and sleeping . Looking at today's life style , i jus cant stop writing down a few lines... here i go,.,

Gone are the days when as little ones
We used to listen to stories of fairies and ghosts
Now as grown-ups, we know they are all false one
With only money matters running through our mind the most

Gone are the days when in school days
Free period was something we eagerly waited for
Now in the time of serious job overlays
Free time is something we despise of

Gone are the days when the letters came
Bringing along with it the news of everyone in the village
Now what with emails and mobiles
Its just Hi and bye in the modern age.

Gone are the days when evenings meant
Time to go out in groups for playing and get together
Now with no time to spare, evenings are something
That I have stopped noticing altogether

Ohh- how I wish that I get my good old days back
With no troubles and tensions to worry about
but with maturity ruling over innocence
The days are something that has become the past.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vikas Deshpande said...

I liked this poem a lot. Just a comment: Avoid repetition i.e. in your case try avoiding repetition of "Gone are those days". It doesn't add value but lowers the quality of overall content.

Hmm, let me check my poems before I go out preaching...

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home