Monday, January 09, 2006

WEEKEND TRIP

This weekend trip was somewhat different, I went to Shirdi. No early palnning was done, everything got fixed on Thursday and before I knew I was on my way to shirdi on Friday night.
This was my first visit to Shirdi. I have heard a lot about Sai baba from his devotess, so I was pretty excited about the trip. The very fact that the trip was a mere coincidence is still hard for me to believe. Well, from chembur to shridi 6 hours by bus. Its a long journey but since I had booked my ticket in a VOLVO bus, it was not tiring. Reached shirdi early morning, then went to have darshan at 8.00 a.m.. Well to say, I was pleased to see the ambience in the temple. The temple is well maintained, there was decorum and the temple premises were clean. This was something that I had not yet seen in the temples that I visited in Mumbai. So needless to say, I liked the place. After Darshan, there was an Abhishek at 9.00.. This was something very different. The abhishek that normally happens in the temple, are always done by the pujaris and the devotees don’t get to see them, Over here, the statue of sai baba was placed in a big hall . For abhishek, we get a thali which containts a coconut, flower petals, and other puja items. The people sat in the hall and the pujaris sang the shlokas and devotes were asked to repeat them, it was as similar to the devotee himself doing a abhishek for Sai baba. I liked this concept. It was a enriching experience, although I couldn’t understand most of the Sanskrit shlokas, I made a point to repeat it nicely to my best effort : )

After the darshan, did some shopping and was on my way back home by the 1.00 bus. Overall, it was a nice short break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home